Monday, December 17, 2012

"You haven't blogged about that yet???"

Recently I was chatting with Depreena, my team mate and fellow teacher here in China about crazy things that have happened either in class or just general life. I am not quite sure how we got on to the subject of pet, but if you know me, it is not to hard to imagine. I love animals. I offhandedly mentioned that my Friday class has a pet turtle...in their class room. Depreena stopped what she was doing to give me a look of utter shock.
Depreena :"A turtle?"
Me: "Yeah, he is really cute. Alice owns him, but she keeps him in the class."
Depreena: "A turtle? And the school is okay with it?"
Me: *shrugs shoulders* "I dont know, but I am not gonna rain on their parade."
Depreena: "A turtle....Have you blogged about this yet?"
Me: "Ummmm, no not yet...I call him little turtle in Chinese and they all laugh at me."
Depreena: "You haven't blogged about that yet????" *face palm*


Another strange animal story has to do with another class of mine. (I have 6 remember.lol) My one student Water had this huge plastic bottle with him in class. Not unusual because a lot of kids bring drinks to class. I got suspicious when I noticed he wasn't drinking it and the girls sitting by him were poking the bottle. Wait a minute...poking the bottle??? So I wandered over to them and picked up the bottle and promptle gasped in shock. There were about 50 tiny fishies in his bottle!!!!!!
"Water! Why do you have fish in your water bottle? Are you going to eat them?" Hey, you NEVER know.
He gives me a look and laughs and says "No teacher, they are for bigger fish."

Face palm moment for me.
I found out later that Water is the head of some pet fish and gardening club and the little fishies were to feed the big fish in their club. But seriously, did he have to bring those nasty things to class??


Well folks, I hope you enjoyed that interesting tidbit of random adventures with me. Reminder, I leave January 10th for Winter vacation and I will not have computer access for a while. But be assured, I will blog all about my travels when I return in late February.
My artsy shot of my chipped mug
 
My Friday Class! I love these kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment