Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dancing Throught Life

This was our last week of training. Saturday, my team packs up and takes a 7 hour train ride to our city of Changchun! I have been extremely grateful for the hotel hosting us, but one can only take so much of a hotel room. I am extremely excited to have my own apartment, kitchenette and a washing machine. But it breaks my heart to be separated from those who are stationed in different cities. I wont see my Laura till ACT in Thailand in February! It is almost not fair. You get attached to these people and then you have to leave them. It is like leaving home all over again. These people, all 50 of them have become my family and I love every one of them.

We had Micro-teaching yesterday, and from the feedback I received, I believe I did well. Improvement is definitely needed, but for a first time teaching EVER, I think I did pretty good.
Today we had our last day of class and our test. I think I did pretty good on my test. I am finishing up my last paper which is due in a few hours and then I will be done! It is not really a paper, it is just me writing up my thoughts on a short article I read.

Tonight, several of us got together and went to the MAC to dance. My friends Andrew and Elizabeth taught me some steps to swing dance. Then two other people taught me more steps. It was so much FUN! I had worn flip-flops to walk around in, so I was dancing barefoot all night. Needless to say, my feet are KILLING me. lol But it was so worth it. There were about 20 of us all together dancing and having fun. I am kicking myself because I did not bring my camera. So I apologize for no pictures.

Dancing was definitely fun, but the best part of the night was the walk home. All 20 of us young people walked back down the dark streets of Beijing bringing light through songs of Praise. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. 20 voices (including my horrible one) lifted up in Praise to HIM. Not for our glory or gain, but HIS. Normally when I walk the streets of Beijing, I feel slight anxiety, even when walking with a big group. Mostly because it is unfamiliar and busy. But tonight was different. Tonight, the Father was truly with us and nothing could touch that or us.
 The second best part was seeing the reactions of the people we were walking past. Their faces lit up and many applauded us. Correction, they were really applauding for HIM, they just did not conscientiously know it.

It is moments like tonight that remind me that it was truly the Father's will for me to be here. I am tucking away this memory for a day when nothing seems to be going right and I am discouraged. I will look back and be encouraged.

Hugs to all my loved ones!
-Hil

No comments:

Post a Comment