Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Ramen here Just Tastes Better!

Today has been a pretty long day. I had a long day at the Forbidden City yesterday and we were in culture class for about 6 hours today. So I am pretty tired tonight. We had some very good discussions and watched an educational movie from PBS in class. I am loving the culture class we have been attending this week. It has been so enlightening!
We were served Western pizza for lunch, and my stomach decided to rebel against it. It basically told me:
"Hilary, make up your mind. Are you going to be feeding me Chinese or Western food?" 
Don't get me wrong, my tummy and taste buds were EXTREMELY grateful for Western food. But apparently my tummy has just finally gotten used to Chinese food and today threw it for a loop.lol
Because of my traitorous stomach, I decided to stay in tonight and eat some Ramen I bought from the local Wu-Mart. All of my family and friends know how much I detest Ramen Noodles....let me specify, I detest Western Ramen. I LOVE Chinese ramen!!!! The package I get is Beef flavor, and it actually tastes like beef and the noodles are actually REAL noodles! I am quickly mastering the chop sticks which is a confidence booster. :)

My addiction is this place called Citi Drink. I am positively in love with their drink options! They are so fresh and tasty. So far I have either had or tasted:
Carmel Milk Tea
Grape Fruit Green Tea
Hawaiian Coconut Milk Tea (with chunks of coconut jellies in the bottom..interesting..)
Mango Green Tea (with chunks of mango in the bottom yum!)
Chocolate Smoothie (more like a chocolate shake!)
Coffee Smoothie (read coffee flavored shake)
Strawberry Smoothie (only had a taste of someone's)
Mango Smoothie (only had a taste of someone's )
Blueberry Smoothie (only had a taste)

(Obviously all of them are cold. It is too hot here in Beijing for Hot Drinks right now.)
 
 Their menu is in both English and Chinese Characters which makes ordering easy. The girls let us point at what we want. Have never gotten the wrong thing yet!

I am also loving the Birthday Cake Oreos that they sell here. That is right, Birthday Cake! SOOO GOOOD!
Tomorrow is only a half day of classes! So happy for that!

I have some homework to accomplish tonight, so I shall sign off now!

Grace is the word for this year!

~Hil

No comments:

Post a Comment